The Crofting Commission regulates
and promotes the interests of crofting in Scotland
to secure the future of crofting.

Submitting a Regulatory Application

Crofts and common grazings are a valuable resource that should be available for both now and in the future, for
existing crofters and new entrants to crofting, to use  productively.

In order to make changes to their croft, crofters are required to submit regulatory applications to the Crofting Commission for consent to do so.

Please use the form wizard below to access the correct application form for your needs.

Information about our application types

Please do NOT send documents that contain personal or sensitive information e.g Death Certificate, Wills, medical records etc.

If you miss or omit information from your application form, this will result in a delay, and potentially your case being closed if the missing information is not suplied within 28 days of being requested. This may also result in a new application having to be submitted.

The majority of regulatory applications have to be publicly advertised by the applicant.  The exceptions are part and whole croft decroftings, new crofts and new common grazings which are advertised by the Crofting Commission. 

Check the Register of Scotland’s website for details of registration: Who should register, and when - RoS Knowledge Base

  • Sublets and Short-term Lets do not trigger the registration process as they are not a permanent transfer.

Find an Application Form

© Crofting Commission 2024Site MapSite by Plexus.