01463 663439


Apportionment is the term used when someone who shares in a common grazing wants to take part of the common grazing for their own exclusive use.

If you are intending to use the land for a development that requires planning consent, you must send us a copy of your planning consent or at least your planning reference with your application.

Please note: we have revised their procedure for applying for an individual apportionment of a Common Grazing. 

If you wish to use the Common Grazing for forestry purposes or for another purpose other than cultivation the Grazing Committee need to apply under Section 50 or Section 50B respectively of the Crofters (Scotland) Act 1993,

The apportionment application forms and guidance notes have been revised to reflect this change.  We will accept and process the old application forms up to 30 April 2017.

Please ensure you submit your Registers of Scotland (RoS) Registration Application form along with your application, if required.


Applications to the Commission

We are currently dealing with high volumes of applications to the Commission. As a result, there may be a delay in acknowledging receipt of your application.We apologise for this and appreciate your patience.

Looking for information? Have you tried the Register of Crofts online.

Crofting Commission, Great Glen House, Leachkin Road, Inverness, IV3 8NW 

T: 01463 663439

© Crofting Commission 2018Site MapSite by Plexus.